2 Shallots, chopped (or 2T)
¾ Low-sodium chicken stock
3 T Unsalted butter
Zest of ½ lemon
3 T Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 lb. Linguini
1. In 2 T good EVOO, sauté 2 chopped shallots on low heat. Don’t brown.
2. Add ¾ C good low-sodium chicken stock. Raise the heat and reduce to approximately ½ C.
3. While the stock reduces, cook the linguini in plenty of well-salted boiling water until almost done.
4. Add 3 T unsalted butter, the zest of ½ lemon, and 3 T finely chopped flat leaf parsley. Remove from the heat and allow butter to melt.
5. Drain pasta, saving 1 C of cooking water.
6. Add pasta to sauce to finish cooking.
7. Turn off the heat, add the cheese and, if you want, a good squeeze or two of the lemon juice.