6 Poblano peppers
½ lb. Crab meat
⅓ C each: Finely minced shallot, celery, and bell pepper (red, yellow, orange)
5 T Unsalted butter
1 t Lemon zest
½ t Salt
½ t Paprika
⅛ t Black pepper
2 T Mayonnaise
1 t Old Bay Seasoning
1 C Panko bread crumbs
- Over a gas flame, or under the broiler, roast Poblanos, turning frequently, until blackened and blistered all over. Place in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap for ½ hour. Remove blackened skin. Carefully make a slit in the front of the pepper and clean out all of the seeds. Set aside.
- In 1 T butter, sauté the vegetables on low for 4 minutes until softened but not colored. Set aside to cool.
- When vegetables are cool, combine with zest, salt, paprika, black pepper, and mayonnaise. Stuff each pepper with ⅓ C of the crab mixture.
- Melt remaining butter, and combine with the Old Bay and the Panko.
- Warm stuffed Poblanos in a 350° oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, turn on broiler, top stuffed Poblanos with Panko mixture and broil for 2 minutes or until crumbs are golden. Serve on warmed plates.